- Register devices with the MHRA
- Ensure that the declaration of conformity and technical documentation have been drawn up and, where applicable, that an appropriate conformity assessment procedure has been carried out by the manufacturer.
- Keep available a copy of the technical documentation, a copy of the declaration of conformity and, if applicable, a copy of the relevant certificate, including any amendments and supplements for inspection by the MHRA.
- In response to a request from the MHRA, provide the MHRA with all the information and documentation necessary to demonstrate the conformity of a device.
- Provide samples of a device to the MHRA or allow the MHRA access to the device where the UK Responsible Person has samples or access or, where they do not have access or samples, forward to the manufacturer any request from the MHRA for samples or access.
- Cooperate with the MHRA on any preventive or corrective action taken to eliminate or, if that is not possible, mitigate the risks posed by devices.
- Immediately inform the manufacturer about complaints and reports from healthcare professionals, patients and users about suspected incidents related to a device for which they have been designated.
- Terminate the legal relationship with the manufacturer if the manufacturer acts contrary to its obligations under these Regulations and inform the MHRA and, if applicable, the relevant notified body of that termination.
Source: Regulating medical devices from 1 January 2021 (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/regulating-medical-devices-from-1-january-2021)